Nov 25, 2010

"Give Thanks" Blessing Board

Earlier this week, I finally made my "Give Thanks" blessing board I saw from Whipperberry on Tatertots & Jello. Here's my version of her blessing board.

I had a lot of fun making this. I didn't take any before or during pics but I found this super ugly, gold picture frame from the fabulous D.I. (local thrift store). It had a weird picture in it and I was almost embarrassed buying it, it was that ugly and weird! I brought it home and painted it a super cute green color. I used my Cricut to cut out the 'Give Thanks' sign using vinyl I had on hand and stuck it on a piece of green cardstock, also had on hand. I picked up some wooden clothes pins and painted them the same green. I also picked up some twine and strung it back and forth from the staples that were already in the back from the picture before. Whipperberry had a free printable for the cards, which I just printed on cardstock.

For FHE this week, we took turns saying and writing down the things in which we are grateful for this season. I thought it was fitting to help get us in the Thanksgiving spirit.

No comments: