Sep 14, 2011

Home Made Mod Podge

Last night I ran out of Mod Podge in the middle of a project. I had seen a pin on Pinterest from Do It Yourself Divas on how to make your own. I thought it made complete sense, so at 10:30 pm last night, I tried it out.
She suggested to do just equal parts of elmers glue and water. I found this super mega runny. I didn't love how watery it was because I was worried it would ruin my paper. (And at 10:30, I couldn't run to the store to get more of the paper I was using.) I added a little more emlers glue. It was still pretty runny but it still worked and did the trick. I woke up this morning to perfectly glued paper. So Cool!!!

I just used a baby food jar. (I didn't want to make too much in case I didn't like it, or it didn't work.) This picture was taken after I used it to finish my project.




DIY under $5

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll have to try this. Super cheap alternative! Thanks for linking up with DIY under $5!

Tamdsgns said...

this is great I bought elmers glue on clearance. yay!

Juls said...

Thanks for stopping by! Yes, it's a great time of year for this neat little trick!